I think I like the idea of blogging more than I enjoy taking the time to actually do so. One joy I do get out of it is reading what I've typed and realize, or reaffirm, that I do have decent communication skills when it comes to writing. I'm a good speller, I handle my grammar, sentence structure, and syntax very well. I'll use words correctly, and so on.
It seems to me that the English language and its linguistic functions are slowly starting to die off. Here's an example of what I mean: When people are asked, "How are you?" The common response is "I'm good." I'll admit I've responded this way myself. What would the correct response be? "I'm well." Well is an adverb while good is an adjective. A similar error is "How's he doing?" "He's doing good." Again, the correct response would be "He's doing well."
Stupid shit like this shouldn't bug me, but it does.
Oh, since I've already said it, let me make one thing crystal clear: as this is MY blog, I'll be speaking my mind on a variety of issues. It is after all a place for me to express myself. Sometimes it invites the use of profanity. Now, I'm a devout Catholic. Yes, I go to Mass every weekend, and all that good stuff. If I'm so devout, then why would I cuss? Simple answer: I believe cussing is only sinful if you deliberately use it to hurt someone else, whether to the person's face or behind their back. Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with it...
Except for God and damn. You'll never hear me put those 2 words together. And if they ever do come out together, then it was with the grammatical intention of using 2 separate interjections, more than likely in consecutive 1-word sentences unto themselves.
If profanity is going to bother you as a reader, then I highly suggest you don't take an interest in reading this blog. It's for my eyes mainly. It's for my heart, only. I take on my 1st Amendment Right in this blog, Freedom of Speech.
If you're still interested, then, welcome to The Oven.
No comments:
Post a Comment