Dear Republicans and Democrats:
I heard y'all were blaming each other for our S&P credit rating downgrade from AAA to AA+. I'm disappointed, but not surprised you're blaming each other.
To the ALL the Democrats:
Have the courage to stand up for what you believe in. Nothing about this deal was "balanced". I heard both Reps and Dems giving speeches to the press about how it should be a balanced, bipartisan proposal. I'm sorry, but your actions have proven all that to be complete and utter bullshit. For cryin' out loud, Boehner himself said he got about 98% of everything he wanted. I even saw other Reps claiming the bill was a Republican victory. *shakes his head* It should NOT have been a Republican victory. It should NOT have been a Democratic victory (though THAT would've been good), it should've been an AMERICAN victory, and though we haven't defaulted...yet...it was a complete fiasco.
Mr. President, how could you? How could you cave to all the Republicans' demands? You're so much smarter than all of them, and we elected you into office to help change - or at least stop - their irresponsible ways! Hold them accountable! Voters need to see what their representatives and senators are doing to the American people during their time in office. When it's time to re-elect you, you still have my support, because right now, I see you as the least of all the evils in the government.
To ALL Republicans:
Obama was willing to compromise, and offered a lot of things that many Democrats, including myself, hold dear to the way our country works. In fact, the President took a lot of heat from his own party because of what he was willing to sacrifice. He stated, over and over, how it had to be a shared sacrifice. One of the things he wanted from you all was just to close tax loop holes that the wealthiest Americans use, and you couldn't even let go of that? How dare you! I don't give a shit if you like or loathe Obama's points of view in politics. Representatives on your side, including Boehner, all reiterated what Obama said about how it must be a "balanced approach" that you had to "put politics aside" and "work together". Tell me now, did you actually do any of that? Because the way it seems to me is that you didn't compromise at all.
Also, Republicans, are you all aware of your incredible levels of hypocrisy? How many of you conservatives consider yourselves Christians? Do you attend church services regularly or cling to your Bible, interpreting it literally? Because if you did, then all the countless times you've given tax cuts to the wealthy, and leave the middle and lower classes to pay the bill, you're pretty much spitting in Jesus' face. As much as it bothers me that you give wealthy people all these tax breaks, it bothers me more that you claim to be Christians in the process. You insist in keeping corporate and billionaire taxes low so they can hire people and create jobs, because a tax hike will kill their jobs creating potential. The law for taxes should be pure and simple: The more you make, the more you pay. So you just keep on giving them more and more money claiming that with it, they'll hire people. Well, let's look at the unemployment rating. It's still pretty high, right? Yeah, what like 9.2%? You know why it's still that high? It's at least partly because of the tax cuts you're giving all these wealthy people and corporations who DON'T NEED THEM!
Economics 101: Supply and Demand. A business flourishes when it has both. And right now, you've only been giving them supply. They can't hire if they have no one who wants to buy (demand)! I used to be an independent businessman with Mary Kay Cosmetics. I would've loved to have hired a secretary to take my calls, arrange my parties, etc., but there's no way I could've afforded that because I didn't have enough income from customers. I was a small business. You could've given ME a tax cut, but it wouldn't have served any purpose because I didn't have enough people wanting to buy my products. So, when economists advise you all on the economy,that's because it's their area of expertise, and they know what they're talking about. You all are politicians and law makers, not economists. The millions and billions of dollars you've been giving to the wealthiest should've gone to the middle class and poorest people. They need the money to spend! They'd go out and shop, and with increased consumer activity, businesses would have been more inclined to hire more people.
Further, during the debt ceiling crisis, Obama wanted to close the tax loop holes because, in all honesty, the richest don't NEED an extra jet, or another house on a deserted island. It's OUR national debt problem. We ALL have to give a little. We ALL are Americans in this country, and it's OUR job to protect our great nation from going bankrupt. But the message you sent to the wealthiest was that they are better than the middle and lower classes of citizens. You sent them the message that equality doesn't apply to them. You treat them like Super-Americans. I wouldn't be surprised if you gave them more money so they could make enough campaign contributions to support you keeping your elected position...which they probably bought for you.
Despite my being extremely livid with both of you right now, I'll still side with Democrats, because I believe that despite all these shenanigans, they're the lesser of 2 evils.
As a voter, tax payer, and natural-born American, I'm extremely disappointed with all of you, even you, Mr. President! All of you, especially Republicans, need to be held accountable for your sins against the American people.
No comments:
Post a Comment